Apple’s iOS 16.3 update is available for download now. This update includes some new features, bug fixes, etc. black history month design for your iPhone.The latest update comes about a month after the release of iOS 16.2.
Here are the new features coming to iPhone with iOS 16.3:
2nd generation HomePod support
Apple’s iOS 16.3 software 2nd generation HomePod, is set to release on February 3rd for $299. Apple announced the release of his new HomePod four days before his latest iOS software became available.
New Unity Wallpaper for Black History Month
The latest iOS update includes new iPhone wallpapers as part of Apple. Black Unity CollectionThis collection celebrates Black History Month with a special edition Apple Watch Black Unity Sport Loop, Mosaic watch faces and new iPhone wallpapers. Apple will also release a selection of Black History Month content. apple tv, fitness plusmusic, maps, books, podcasts, and the App Store as part of your collection.
A new way to use Emergency SOS via satellite
Satellite emergency SOS introduced Apple’s September 2022 event. In iOS 16.3, call on hold option replaced Calls with hold and release. When enabled Calls with hold and release, you can press and hold the side button and volume button to start the countdown and alarm. After the countdown, release the button and iPhone automatically calls emergency services.before with call on hold, pressing the side and volume buttons first brings up the Emergency SOS call slider. When the countdown ends, an emergency call will be sent from your mobile phone.
You also have the option to call quietly with an emergency SOS. If you enable this option, your phone will not flash or ring when you try to make an Emergency SOS call.
Security keys are now on your Apple ID
Users can now use third-party security keys as an alternative to two-factor authentication for their Apple ID.
A security key is much like a house key. You’ll still use your password, but this extra layer of security will keep you safe from phishing scams and hackers.
Diya Jolly, chief product officer at certification services company Okta, said: CNET’s Stephen Shankland.
Apple’s security key feature only works with FIDO Alliance certified security keys.
Here is a list of new features and changes included in iOS 16.3.
- New Unity wallpapers celebrate black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month.
- Apple ID Security Keys allow users to increase the security of their accounts by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices.
- Support for HomePod (2nd Gen).
- An emergency SOS call requires the side button and the volume up or down button to be held and released to prevent an inadvertent emergency call.
- Fixed an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes made with the Apple Pencil or finger would sometimes not show up on the shared board.
- Addresses an issue that could cause the wallpaper to appear black on the lock screen.
- Addresses an issue that may cause horizontal lines to appear momentarily during startup on iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Addresses an issue where the Home lock screen widget does not accurately display Home app status.
- Addresses an issue where Siri might not properly respond to music requests
- Resolves an issue where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be recognized correctly.
For more iOS 16 news, check out what’s new below. iOS 16.2 When iOS 16.1. Method is as follows Sign up to test Apple’s iOS beta softwarethat too.