From the time I entered the workforce until I became a mother, I didn’t actually “take” a bath. The opportunity to sit undisturbed in a hot tub turned from what sounded like a waste of time to absolute bliss.things have been leveled Better I realized that by relaxing and actively supporting my health, I was able to multitask. A proper detox bath not only soothes and enhances our well-being by strengthening the immune system and preventing disease.
Our bodies are more exposed than ever to toxins in food, body products, water and air. The truth is that while toxins are inevitable, they become a problem when left unchecked, exposing us to irritation, harm, and destruction of the body. A simple, gentle healing therapy that can be used to support your body’s natural detoxification system.
From soothing to incredibly healing, read on for everything you need to know about bathing.
Featured image by Michelle Nash.
get breathing space
Twice a month memo from me to you. What’s in your head right now, in your cart, on your plate, etc. Drop your email and subscribe.
Thank you for signing up!
It looks like you have already signed up or your email address is invalid.
It looks like you unsubscribed earlier Click here to resubscribe.
How to take a detox bath
- Add the detox agent to a standard bath tub filled with hot/hot water.
- If your bath water isn’t filtered, add a cup of baking soda to neutralize chemicals, primarily chlorine, and increase mineral absorption.
- Soak in the water. Submerge your body in water as much as possible. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax for at least 20 minutes.
- When you’re done bathing, carefully step out of the tub (it’s normal to feel a little light-headed). This should disappear quickly. Rinse off quickly with cool water.
- Moisturizes, but avoid soaps, shampoos, and lotions that contain artificial fragrances, dyes, or toxic chemicals, as your pores will open after you bathe, allowing you to more easily absorb the chemicals in those products.
- Hydrate with plenty of water before and after to support your body’s detoxification process. The best time to detox is before bed. Detox baths can make you feel sleepy, but a good night’s sleep after your bath is a great way to support your body’s rejuvenation process.
perfect detox bath tips
- Start slow. The more agent you use and the hotter the water, the more powerful the detox will be.
- If a detox bath makes you feel uncomfortable, light-headed, or just sick (a common side effect of heavy detoxes), reduce the detox agent, switch detox agents, use cold water, and/or for a short time. try bathing in Temporal.
- These detox baths are generally safe for children, but they only reduce the amount of drugs used. Click here for children’s detox baths!)
- Hate bathtubs? Get some of the benefits of a detox bath by using a large container to soak your feet and your toes.
Types of detox baths
Epsom salts, the most popular detox bath, are salts made from magnesium and sulfate. Both are important nutrients for the human body, but they may be difficult to absorb from food. However, a soak in Epsom salts eliminates this problem as both of these minerals are readily absorbed through the skin. It has long been used to promote healthy circulation and help with relaxation and normalize sleep patterns.
Pro tip: Sprinkle some fancy bath salts into your bath and add some Epsom salt to make your expensive salt even better. You get the relaxing scent and the benefits of a nice salt blend and the detoxifying benefits of Epsom salt.
Bentonite clay detox baths are a great way to rid your body of heavy metals. Bentonite clay is a natural clay that magnetically attracts toxins, heavy metals and waste products in the body. Bentonite clay is also a great substance to use internally or externally as it lowers her PH level in the body. Pour about 1/5 to 1 cup of bentonite clay into boiling water to break up clumps.It is usually recommended to start with clay bath once a week and move up to once a month for maintenance.
Baking soda baths are naturally alkaline, boosting liver function, supporting digestive problems, and are beneficial in fighting sore throats (including strep). It’s also great for combating exposure to radiation, x-rays, plane flights, or airport screenings.
apple cider vinegar
An apple cider vinegar detox bath is great for people with inflammatory body ailments such as arthritis, or for people with candida problems, and it also helps with body odor. , especially the bath that induces sweating. Add 1-2 cups of unfiltered pure apple cider vinegar and let it soak in the tub for up to 30 minutes.
Try this sweat-inducing bath to fight off the disease at the first sign of cold symptoms. An easy and surefire way to remove all toxins and leave you feeling energized and cleansed. Add 1/2 cup of grated ginger to a hot bath and soak for 15-20 minutes. You will sweat a lot for at least an hour after taking the ginger bath, so please come in clothes that you don’t mind sweating.
Best Ultra Luxurious Non-Toxic Detox Bath Picks
All products are carefully curated by our editors. When you buy anything through our links, you get a small commission for free.
This post was first published on March 13, 2020 and has since been updated.