If you want to lose weight next year, avoid low-quality “junk” food. According to the 2022 Obesity Report, 19 states now have obesity rates above his 35%, and four of her 10 US adults are obese. Eat this instead of that! The report notes that our obesity epidemic may be driven in part by easy access to affordable, ultra-processed foods and beverages.
Common examples of common culprits include sugar-sweetened drinks, deli meats, shelf-stable meat snacks, potatoes and other fried salty snacks, french fries, ice cream, and donuts. Not only do these products cause weight gain, but they also increase the risk of cognitive decline, according to a study published in . Department of Neurology, JAMA.
Here are some of the foods and drinks to avoid in 2023.
• Meat/chicken processed productsStudies have shown that consumption of deli meats, bacon and sausages, shelf-stable meatsticks, and other processed animal-based products is associated with increased abdominal fat and central obesity. Gabe Mirkin, M.D., author of The Healthy Heart Miracle, found in a 2019 study that women with the highest percentage of abdominal fat were more likely to have heart disease than those with the lowest amount of abdominal fat. He told Newsmax that he found the risk to be doubled. Tara Collingwood, co-author of The Flat Belly Cookbook for Dummies, says more belly fat is more dangerous to your health. In one study, participants who ate the most processed meat had a 22% increased risk of central obesity compared to those who ate the least processed meat.
• french fries based foodOne prominent study of over 120,000 middle-aged women found that potato chips and other processed potato products were highly correlated with weight gain.Research published in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition French fries consumption was found to be associated with increased mortality, obesity, diabetes and increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
• donutThese office meeting treats are more harmful to our waistlines than you might think. Eating coffee and donuts for breakfast instead of a filling, protein-rich meal can trigger cravings for other refined carbohydrates and high-calorie foods well into the afternoon. Yes. Eggs, low-fat yogurt, and cottage cheese are good high-protein choices to eat in the morning to boost your metabolism, curb your appetite, and build and maintain muscle mass to help blast belly fat. .
• ice creamIce cream has been classified as one of the most “addictive foods”.research is found Eating ice cream often creates more cravings for the same level of brain satisfaction. I’m here.
• Sugar drinkA recent study published in Nature Reviews Endocrinology showed a wealth of evidence linking sugary drinks to weight gain, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and some cancers. Studies show that drinking one can of sugar-sweetened juice or soda every day can help you gain 5 pounds over the course of a year. Cutting back on these drinks may not only stave off weight gain in 2023, but it may also help you lose weight.
© 2023 News Max Health. All rights reserved.