Turning 30 is a big milestone for many people.
It can often feel like a transitional period away from the freedom of your twenties and into more responsibility.
That’s why it’s imperative to make the most of your 20s and pack the most fun into it.
To make the most of this time, I’ve created a bucket list of 101 things I want to do before I turn 30.
This is an eclectic list with different options for different tastes.
Why you need a bucket list by age 30
It’s understandable to question why you need a list of things to do before you turn 30.
Yes, No. On the one hand, being spontaneous and going with the flow is great.
But on the other hand, there are certain experiences and moments that you might miss if you don’t plan for it.
The To Do By 30 To Do List helps you make sure you don’t miss out on experiences that take time, resources, and effort to prepare for. Other benefits include:
- It encourages healthy risk taking: There are many exciting experiences that will push you out of your comfort zone and push you out of your comfort zone, both physically and mentally. will be
- Provides clarity and direction. It’s easy to drift aimlessly in your 20s, not knowing what you want to do or where you want to go.
- Enjoy the following: Having a list of goals and activities helps to motivate and anticipate upcoming events with excitement.
101 things to do before you turn 30
While everyone has different interests and goals, there are some activities that are perfect for you to do before you turn 30.
This list is a mix of experiences ranging from the wild and daring to the introspective and introspective that will help shape your future and give you memories that will last a lifetime.
30 most important things to do before you turn 30
I think breaking the list into four categories will make it easier for you to find something that fits your tastes and current situation.
1. Take a cross-country road trip with a close friend.
2. Go on a solo camping trip.
3. Use transportation you have never used before.
4. Participate in music festivals abroad.
5. Go to exotic beach destinations.
6. Visit ancient ruins.
7. Explore your city like a tourist.
8. Explore at least one national park.
9. Visit the hometown of your ancestors.
10. Board the cruise.
12. Learn a new language.
13. Read life-changing and influential books.
14. Attend classes to boost your self-confidence and self-esteem.
15. Improve emotional intelligence.
16. Learn to practice meditation or yoga.
17. Practice active and active listening in your relationships.
18. Try therapy for a few months, even if you don’t think you need it.
19. Put yourself out there to foster new friendships.
20. Learn how to manage your money and save for the future.
adventure and creative pursuits
21. Try daring adventure sports (bungy jumping, white water rafting, etc.).
22. Try scuba diving with sharks.
23. Challenge yourself to overcome your fears (e.g. heights, spiders, public speaking).
24. Ride in a hot air balloon.
25. Go to an amusement park and ride all the rides.
26. Go camping alone.
27. Complete a long hike or bike trail.
28. Set a world record or complete a unique challenge.
29. Learn photography and take pictures of your favorite places.
30. Take an art class or learn a creative skill (painting, pottery, etc.).
Things to do before 30 for women
As a woman, there are unique experiences you can have during your 20s that help shape who you are and how you see the world.
fitness and health
31. Join a dance class to learn salsa, flamenco, tango, or any other dance style.
32. Attend an aerobics or spinning class.
33. Participate in organized sports activities (running, basketball, football, etc.).
34. Learn how to practice self-care through massage and aromatherapy.
35. Attend workshops on nutrition and healthy eating.
36. Get a medical checkup.
with friends and family
37. Have a picnic with friends in a beautiful outdoor setting.
38. Host a themed dinner party with your closest friends.
39. Take a weekend trip with your family.
40. I visit museums and art galleries with my friends.
41. Go to a concert or live show with friends.
42. Throw a surprise birthday party for your loved one.
43. Run a movie marathon with your friends.
44. Go shopping with your best friend.
45. Attend lectures, talks, or seminars on topics of interest.
46. Take a public speaking or communication course.
47. Learn how to code, program or design a website.
48. Join online communities related to your interests.
49. Participate in an internship or volunteer program.
50. Learn DIY and craft skills (painting, jewelry making, etc.).
51. Try a new restaurant or dish every month.
52. Bake a cake from scratch.
53. Create and cook a meal plan for the week.
54. Make traditional recipes passed down from family and culture.
55. Learn to make the perfect cocktail.
Self-care and self-actualization:
56. Get a professional makeover.
57. Try new or bold hairstyles.
58. Buy a nice black dress.
59. Learn how to walk confidently in heels.
60. Invest in quality skin care products.
61. Check into a luxury hotel for an unforgettable experience.
62. Buy yourself a piece of once-in-a-lifetime jewelry.
63. Brush up on your makeup skills.
64. Build a capsule wardrobe filled with timeless items.
65. Try portrait photography.
66. Take a solo vacation somewhere you’ve never been.
Other related articles
13 tips for the modern stay-at-home mom
101 enlightening journals for personal growth and self-awareness
Looking for positive M words? Check out our list of 295
Things men should do before they turn 30
While everyone in their 20s has some experiences in common, men too should try out some activities and challenges that are tailored to them.
This list is a mix of physical, social, and intellectual pursuits that help you grow, learn new things, and have fun.
67. Go hunting or fishing.
68. Participate in extreme sports (rock climbing, skateboarding, BMX, etc.).
69. Go on a whitewater rafting trip for several days.
70. Try some motorsports (dirt bikes, go-karts, jet skis, etc.).
71. Go on an expedition to the remotest corners of the world.
72. Participate in off-road racing.
73. Join a pub crawl with friends.
74. Spend a beer tasting night with your friends.
75. Participate in international sporting events.
76. Try going to karaoke with your friends.
77. Go to improv or comedy shows.
78. Play poker or blackjack at a casino.
79. Have a backyard barbecue for your friends.
80. Attend a bachelorette party.
health and exercise
81. Attend boot camps and other specialized workout classes.
82. Learn how to practice boxing and martial arts.
83. Join a sports team and compete in a local league.
84. Start weightlifting or bodybuilding.
85. Enter a military-style fitness challenge.
Just say you did:
86. Zipline through forests and jungles.
87. Participate in an eating contest.
88. Participate in flash mob events.
89. Ride a mechanical bull.
90. Try an escape room adventure.
92. Participate in high-stakes sporting events such as the Super Bowl or NBA Finals.
93. Attend a dance-off.
94. Enter an amateur arm wrestling tournament.
95. Go to live tapings of TV shows and podcasts.
96. Take an exotic car for a test drive.
97. Participate in a wild scavenger hunt.
98. Master handyman skills (plumbing, carpentry, etc.).
99. Take a first aid and emergency preparedness course.
100. Obtain a motorcycle or flight license.
101. Complete a mental health awareness course.
No matter how you spend the years leading up to your 30th birthday, make sure it’s a time of growth and exploration.
Whether you’re learning a new skill or going on an exciting adventure, take this time to invest in yourself and do things you may not be able to do later.
This way, you can look back on your 20s with pride and satisfaction, knowing that you made the most of this precious time in your life.