The sleek back ponytail — this is the style we’ve been seeing on everyone everywhere for years. It has become our go-to hairstyle. The sleek back ponytail is simple and works for everyone. Especially if you want an immediate facelift that accentuates your bone structure. A step-by-step tutorial can be found here. Beauty stylist Hannah Zahner(And guess what? It’s easier than you think.)
Products needed to create a slick back ponytail
To create the slickback ponytail of your dreams, you’ll need a few basic tools (they’re basic, so you might already have them in your medicine cabinet!). See Hannah’s recommendations below for her go-to products that maintain your style.
All of our products have been carefully curated by our editors and we always give honest opinions whether it’s a gift or something you bought for yourself. can be obtained.
How to style a slick back ponytail
1. Start with brushed hair. Don’t worry if your hair is a day or two old. Dirty hair is perfect for this style.
2. Please decide for yourself. A central or side piece is best for this look.
3. Apply styling cream. Apply a small amount of styling cream to your hands, then work from your roots toward your pony. Remember: more product means a smoother, sleeker look. This is more suitable for an everyday look. Start with a small amount of product and add more as needed.
Four. Smooth your hair. Use a bristle brush to smooth out the hair and start collecting it. It can be collected high, low or in the middle.
Five. Secure the pony. Wrap the elastic around the ponytail to lock in the style. You can either leave the black elastic visible or wrap the pony with a small amount of hair from the underside of the ponytail for a more sophisticated look.
Finish the look. Use a bristle teasing brush and a little styling cream product or hairspray to smooth baby’s hair.
Tips to make your look your own
- knit it Once the ponytail is in place, run some styling cream down the length of the ponytail.
- Roll up the pony. It’s fun to add volume to the pony, even though the roots remain smooth.
- Makes it super smooth. If you want a super smooth look and hold all day, use a stronger styling cream like With Ouai Matte Pomade, work your roots to blend in with your pony. Next, once your hair is gathered and fixed, take out the straightener and partially smooth the hair in the ponytail.
- Twist it into a bun. Start with a pinned pony and twist your hair into a bun. Secure with another elastic bobby pin.
- Accessorize your look. Add fun details to your sleek ponytail with pearl accessories and pony wraps.
Slick Back Ponytail: Tips and Tricks
double up. If your hair is thick and heavy, use two rubber bands instead of wrapping one elastic all the way through your hair. This allows for extra support and lifting onto the pony. Smooth the bottom half into the pony, leaving the top clipped out of the way. Wrap it all around and secure it near your head.
Apply hairspray strategically. Dirty hair and a little styling cream are usually enough. However, if you have a lot of baby hair or flyaways, quickly spray the hairspray on the problem area.Before the hairspray dries, use a bristle brush or comb to quickly smooth out the hair. .
Use your natural parts. This is a more sophisticated look, so it’s usually best to work on the parts you’ve already done. This is undesirable on a sleek pony. Whether it’s a center piece, a little off-center, or a side piece, this look will work no matter what you’re doing.
Create extra sparkle. For even more luster, use a styling gel with high holding power, Kenra Shine Spray.
This post was first published on September 14, 2016 and has since been updated.