“Have a vision, go towards it, be it creative, business, political or fundraising, and turn the necessary dials to make it happen.”
— David Maisel
David Maisel (@maiseldavid) is the founder of Mythos Studio and former founding chairman of Marvel Studios. In 2003, David pitched Marvel the idea of making their own film in the Marvel-funded and connected cinematic universe.he continued to executive produce iron man, Incredible Hulk, iron man 2, Thor, Captain America/The First Avenger, and angry birds movie. In 2009, David arranged to sell Marvel to Disney for $4 billion.
David is currently the founder of Mythos Studios, an IP entertainment studio.of Ecos Genesis Art Collectionis an all 1/1 original handmade digital art and the first product of the upcoming Ekos Universe.
#676: David Maisel of Marvel Studios Fame — A never-before-heard tale of Hollywood dealmaking, how to go big, lessons from power broker Michael Ovitz, business smarts and street style. Combining Smartness, Iron Man’s Origin (and Importance), Sold to Disney for Over $4 Billion
We bring you this episode Jobs on LinkedIn. Whether you’re looking to hire now for a key role or thinking about your future needs, Jobs on LinkedIn can help. LinkedIn screens candidates based on the hard and soft skills you’re looking for, and shows your job to candidates looking for jobs that match what you offer.
Leverage LinkedIn’s active community of over 900 million professionals worldwide to Jobs on LinkedIn It helps you find and hire the right people faster. When your company is ready for your next hire, find the right talent on LinkedIn Jobs. And now you can post jobs for free. Visit LinkedIn.com/Tim..
We bring you this episode LMNT! What is LMNT? It is Delicious sugar-free electrolyte drink mix. I have stocked up on boxes of this and usually use it once or twice a day. LMNT Formulated to support everyone’s electrolyte needs, it’s perfect for those on a Keto, Low Carb, or Paleo diet. If you’re on a low-carb diet or fasting, electrolytes play an important role in relieving hunger, cramps, headaches, fatigue, and dizziness.
LMNT We have prepared a special offer for our dear listeners. Available for free for a limited time LMNT A sample pack is included with your purchase. You can get this special offer here: DrinkLMNT.com/Tim.
We bring you this episode Vuori’s clothes! Vuori A new and fresh perspective on performance apparel is perfect for those tired of traditional, old training gear. Everything is designed for maximum comfort and versatility, so you can look and feel as good in your everyday life as you do during your workout.
What’s your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Let me know in the comments.
Links selected from episodes
- connect with David Maisel:
- connect with Mythos Studio/Ecos:
- Movies, Characters, Comics, TV | Marvel
- Creative Artist Agency (CAA)
- Strategic Management Consulting | Boston Consulting Group
- Who is Michael Ovitz?Portfolio’s Adrian Zackheim sheds light | Penguin Random House
- The talent behind the Hollywood deal | Washington Post
- Software is eating the world | Andreessen Horowitz
- Theater Studies | Duke Arts
- Global Management Consulting | McKinsey & Company
- Star Wars
- New movie studio from Justin Bieber and Marvel mogul | New York Times
- FLASH FINAL TRAILER | DC
- Thor | Prime Video
- AOL | Wikipedia
- From comic fan to Marvel filmmaker | Financial Times
- Who is Michael Ovitz?By Michael Ovitz | Amazon
- Operator: David Geffen to build, buy and sell New Hollywood by Thomas R. King | Amazon
- hollywood reporter
- Seagram and Vivendi Deal | Canadian Encyclopedia
- Disney to Acquire Marvel Entertainment | The Walt Disney Company
- 1999 Tony Award Winner: Fosse (Musical) | Flyer
- William Morris Endeavor (WME)
- Personality: Lloyd Price Musical
- All That Jazz (Criterion Collection) | Amazon
- Cabaret | Prime Video
- Stage Type: Proscenium Arch | Theater Design
- Foss/Verdon: Inside Anne Reinking and Gwen Verdon’s Improbable Friendship | Vanity Fair
- How the Spider-Man musical became a disaster in theaters | BBC Culture
- Marvel Cinematic Universe | Fandom
- Wayne’s World | Prime Video
- Monsterverse | Wikipedia
- X-Men | Prime Video
- Spider-Man | Prime Video
- Filmmaking Process for Beginners | NYFA
- What exactly is the role of a movie studio in a movie, and why do multiple companies often work together to make a movie? | Quora
- 10 Largest US Movie Studios | Zippia
- Apprentice | IMDb
- Michael Jackson: Thriller (Official 4K Video) | YouTube
- How Do Asset Bubbles Cause Recessions? | Investedia
- Marvel Entertainment Shuts Down… But Not Exited | CNN Money
- Wealth Management and Financial Services | Merrill Lynch
- angry birds
- How the ‘Avengers’ were assembled before Marvel was mighty | The New York Times
- Avengers: Endgame | Prime Video
- AAA | Investmentpedia
- Iron Man | Prime Video
- Avengers (UK) | Prime Video
- Black Panther Party: Challenge Police, Drive Social Change | National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Wheels | Prime Video
- Asgard | Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki
- Hulk (2003) Prime Video
- The Incredible Hulk (2008) Prime Video
- Hulkhand | Amazon
- “Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist” Clip | The Avengers (2012)
- The Mandalorian | Disney Plus
- Swinger | Prime Video
- Elves | Prime Video
- Zathura | Prime Video
- Dark Knight | Prime Video
- Google’s new LA office leaves you speechless with cool coworking space | Inc42
- Why Spruce Geese Only Flew Once | Simple Flight
- Lionsgate Set ‘Invincible Iron Man’ | Hollywood Reporter
- Marvel Animation Features | Wikipedia
- Techniques and Routines of Hit Film Director Jon Favreau | The Tim Ferris Show #71
- Master of Universe | Vanity Fair
- MCU: Marvel Studios Reign By Joanna Robinson, Dave Gonzalez, Gavin Edwards | Amazon
- Marvel Wants To Show Its Heroic Powers As Filmmakers | The New York Times
- ‘Iron Man’ performs well at the box office | CNBC
- ‘Iron Man’ Opening Weekend Exceeds $100 Million | The New York Times
- World Famous Dining Experience | Mr. Chow
- Hub Network | Discovery Press Web
- Iron Man 2 | Prime Video
- Bob Iger on how he convinced Steve Jobs to sell Pixar to Disney | CNBC
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs played a key role in Disney’s acquisition of Marvel | Business Insider
- Stranger in a Stranger Land by Robert A. Heinlein | Oct 1, 2016 Amazon
- DC Universe | Wikipedia
- James Gunn announces DC slate with Batman, Superman and more | Hollywood Reporter
- Avatar | Prime Video
- Kevin Rose’s Random Show — Million Dollar Bitcoin Bet, Japanophile, Rare IPA, Hangover Prevention, AI Companion, Fringe Discord, Affordable Luxury, Hi-Fi Audio and More | The Tim Ferris Show #670
- Top 10 Clay Pipes Found in the River Thames | Nicola White Mudlark
- Stranger Things | Netflix
- The Butterfly Effect: Everything You Need To Know About This Powerful Mental Model | Farnham Street Blog
- [09:25] Michael Orvitz.
- [17:00] How did David become Michael’s right-hand man?
- [25:12] creative interest.
- [26:14] When David got hooked on cartoons.
- [28:34] Early Hollywood Lessons — Learned and Taught.
- [35:43] A resource for anyone wanting to work in the entertainment industry.
- [39:20] How Marvel enters this world.
- [48:11] A detour to a Broadway theater.
- [54:51] Production of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
- [1:28:26] Why start an MCU iron man?
- [1:31:56] Decision between development and deployment.
- [1:36:18] Biggest challenge.
- [1:39:45] Animated feature film.
- [1:41:14] It’s not just a cute suit.
- [1:47:20] Five stars for Favreau.
- [1:48:48] Why didn’t David do more PR until recently?
- [1:53:24] amazing success of iron man.
- [1:59:45] Correspondence and Correspondence with Bob Iger.
- [2:08:50] Ron Burkle.
- [2:10:35] A big sale to Disney is complete.
- [2:14:36] Recommended reading.
- [2:15:17] Build new myths and legacies in a post-MCU world.
- [2:21:12] parting thoughts.
More quotes from David Maisel’s interview
“Part of managing creativity is knowing when to put yourself in the spotlight and when to get the most out of others.”
— David Maisel
“Have a vision, go towards it, be creative, be it business, be it politics, be it fundraising, turn the dial and make it happen.”
— David Maisel
Related and Recommended
The Tim Ferris Show is one One of the world’s most popular podcasts with over 900 million downloads. He has been voted “Best of Apple Podcasts” three times and interviewed across Apple Podcasts. I’m here.To listen to past episodes for free, go here this page.