Nintendo today released a new patch for The Legend of Zelda: The Kingdom of Tears on Switch, bumping the game to version 1.2.0.
With this latest update, Switch users can now redeem items from the system’s news channel. It also appeared in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Apart from this, the latest update includes many quest fixes and several other issues resolved to improve your gameplay experience.
Here are the full patch notes from Nintendo’s official support page:
Ver. 1.2.0 (released on July 4, 2023)
- Players can receive a number of in-game items when starting the game from within certain articles released on certain Switch News channels (accessed via the HOME menu).
- Depending on your gameplay progress and where you resumed your data, you may not receive your items.
- Main quest “Mystery of the Abyss” “Secret of the Ruins of the Ring”, Side Adventure “Hateno Village Research Institute” “Lurerin Village Reconstruction Plan”, Shrine Quest “Dye and Find”, Side Quest “Village Attacked by Pirates” “Incomplete stables” and “in search of a pirate’s lair”. Downloading the update will allow players to continue past that point.
- Fixed an issue where fairies that should have appeared did not appear under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the food provided by Kiana in Lurelyn Village would not change under certain conditions.
- Several issues have been resolved to improve your gameplay experience.
I’m not sure exactly what problem was solved, but I’ll keep you posted on any data mining or discoveries. A previous Tears of the Kingdom software update removed the duplicate issue. You can learn more about this in our previous article on Nintendo Life.