homemade hot fudge sauce A 5-ingredient, 5-minute recipe? Yes please!
A mixture of cream, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips blends together in minutes to create a rich, decadent fudge sauce.
Dress up your sundaes, brownies, cakes, or even smoothies with this super easy, super creamy chocolate fudge sauce!
Our Favorite Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
- made with Five simple materialthis hot fudge recipe gets rich and smooth with a delicious dark chocolate fudge flavor!
- it’s super easy to makeHeat, melt, stir.
- Best of all, this hot fudge sauce recipe is super quick to make. 5 minutes.
Materials and variations
chocolate chips – This recipe can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, or a mixture of both. I prefer this over cocoa powder because of its velvety texture and rich chocolate flavor.
Avoid using candy “melts” as this chocolate sauce has no flavor.
Dairy – Half-and-half or light cream has a richer flavor compared to evaporated milk. It gives this chocolate fudge sauce the perfect consistency.
brown sugar – This adds sweetness and balances the semi-sweet chocolate.
vanilla – Vanilla extract can be swapped out with other essences such as hazelnut, rum, almonds, and bananas for different flavors.
how to make hot fudge
- Heat the heavy cream and brown sugar As per the recipe below.
- Add chocolate chips and let rest for 2-3 minutes without stirring.
- Whisk until sauce is smooth and stir in vanilla.
This hot fudge sauce recipe is perfect for warming over ice cream or cakes or served at room temperature.
How to use hot fudge
The possibilities of what you can do with hot fudge sauce are endless! Please use it as a dip for fresh fruits such as strawberries and bananas, cookies such as shortbread, and sugar cookies.
Storing Hot Fudge Sauce
- Store hot fudge sauce in mason jars or other airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Reheat the hot fudge sauce in the microwave on low heat, or put the jar in a saucepan and place it on the stovetop with water over medium heat.
- And yes, it can be frozen! Cool in a tightly closed container. Place in a pan and thaw over medium heat, add milk little by little and mix.
More delicious dessert toppings
Did your family love this hot fudge sauce? Leave your rating and comments below!