These Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterscotch Brownies were a great experiment. Mom was in the kitchen and just thought ‘let’s try this’ and did and it might be one of the best brownies we’ve ever made!
What makes this Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterscotch Brownie?
Well, it’s just that. These brownies have all the ingredients including marshmallows. A wild combination, but it works. Butterscotch chips add extra texture, then marshmallows are added. Mom really made herself with this!
Let’s look at the ingredients:
yes. These brownies start with a brownie mix. Honestly, that’s what makes it so much fun. Starting with a mix and just adding a bunch of great ingredients, this brownie he can take your mix to a whole new level.
- Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix (Family Size)
- Kroger Roasted Peanuts and Honey Crunchy Peanut Butter (you can also use just regular Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- miniature marshmallow
Top with frosting if these ingredients weren’t sticky enough. A great frosting really completes this brownie. After frosting, I added chopped walnuts for the picture, but you can also just add walnuts to the brownies. Either works. !
- This brownie tastes best when the frosting has set, so make it a few hours in advance.
- These are just as delicious the next day, so you can easily make them a day in advance.
- You can substitute walnuts for the pecans or leave the nuts out altogether.
- We made this brownie mix exclusively, but I think any brownie mix will work. I just want a family size combination that fits the 9X13.
“I wrapped this nicely for Christmas and sent it to my sister in Arkansas.
Do you read digital magazines? front porch lifeFilled with great new recipes, country life, amazing people, Southern charm, cooking tips and more.Sends directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing straight away! This is premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
chocolate peanut butter butterscotch brownie
Brownies are so easy to make and delicious!
Portion: 8 one serving
- 1 box duncan hines chewy fudge premium brownie mix Family size of 9X13
- 2/3 cup Roasted Peanuts and Honey Crunchy Peanut Butter You can use only regular crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 cup miniature marshmallow
Brownie icing or toppings:
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tea spoon vanilla flavor
- 1 1/3 cup confectionery sugar
Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the fuzzy brownies package. Spread the mix on the bottom of a 9×13 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds until spreadable.
Then spread it over the brownie mix. Then spread chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts over the peanut butter. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Remove, add marshmallows, and place back in oven for 7-10 minutes, marshmallows starting to melt on top. Remove from oven and let cool before adding icing.
How to make brownie icing:
Mix cocoa, margarine, milk and vanilla in a mixer. Add sugar and mix well. If the icing is too thick and doesn’t spread easily, add a little milk. Spread over cooled brownies.
It is more effective after the time has passed for the icing to harden.
Don’t forget the e-books! Each e-book is our collection most popular recipes. They are all at hand and ready to be picked up at any time. It’s convenient because you don’t have to search the database. You can purchase each ebook individually or purchase a bundle.
follow me Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks Photos and text – All rights reserved. It may not be copied, posted on any other site, or otherwise used without the written permission of the copyright holder.