Not only is this quick meal super easy, but the chicken alla king is delicious!
Fresh vegetables and bell peppers are combined with plump chicken and finished with a rich and creamy homemade sauce!
Serve this over puff pastry, biscuits, rice, or potatoes.
Why I Love This Chicken Ala King Recipe
- It comes together quickly and is packed with rich, creamy flavors.
- Skip the condensed soup. This chicken-a-la-king recipe is as easy as making it from scratch.
- Use rotisserie chicken, leftover ham or turkey.
- Wrap in puff pastry shell or scoop and enjoy biscuitrice, egg noodles, toast, or Mashed potatoes!
Calories and Weights of Ingredients Used in Chicken Arakking
Classic chicken ala king with homemade cream sauce.
chicken Shredded rotisserie chicken makes this recipe super simple, but feel free to use any pre-cooked chicken you have on hand. See note below if you don’t have cooked chicken.
vegetable I used fresh mushrooms, onions, peas and pimentos in this recipe, but any vegetable tastes great!
sauce The best part of this dish is the thick creamy sauce made with chicken broth, seasonings, and fresh cream!
how to make chicken ala king
This recipe is super easy to make and will be ready in no time!
- Fry mushrooms and onions in butter (As per the recipe below).
- Mix seasonings and flour. Whisk in chicken stock and cream.
- Add the peas, peppers and chicken and sauté until cooked through.
Serve chicken mix on top of freshly baked biscuits and serve with roasted green beans or oven-roasted asparagus!
Perfect Chicken Ala King Tips
- If not using rotisserie chicken, be sure to cook the chicken before adding it to the pasta.
- You can substitute chicken breast, chicken thigh, or even tuna!
- Freeze chicken ala king without rice, pasta, or bread, as the addition of sauce keeps it from freezing well. Instead, place the chicken ala king in a ziplock bag or dated airtight container and freeze flat.
- Reheat in microwave or stovetop. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to refresh the taste and serve again with fresh rice, pasta or freshly baked bread!
Other Quick Chicken Recipes
Are you the one who made this Chicken Ala King? Please leave your rating and comments below!
chicken la king
Chicken Arak King is rich and creamy with vegetables and chicken in a flavorful sauce.
In a large 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and simmer until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
Season with garlic powder, black pepper and kosher salt.
Dust with flour and stir until a paste forms. Cook for 2 minutes.
Slowly pour in chicken stock and half-and-half while stirring. Mix so that no lumps of flour remain.
Reduce heat and stir until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
Stir in peas, chopped pimento, and rotisserie chicken. Cook for an additional 3 minutes until heated through.
Serve over pasta, rice, or biscuits.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave or stovetop and serve over rice or pasta.
To freeze, place chicken ala king in a zip-top bag or dated, airtight container and freeze flat.
calorie: 438 | | carbohydrate: 29g | | protein: 11g | | thick: 32g | | saturated fat: 19g | | cholesterol: 87mg | | sodium: 699mg | | potassium: 554mg | | fiber: Fourg | | sugar: 7g | | Vitamin A: 1838IU | | Vitamin C: 38mg | | calcium: 87mg | | iron: 2mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. We encourage you to share this recipe. Copying and/or pasting entire recipes onto social media is strictly prohibited. See our photo usage policy here.