This Easy Cheese Breakfast Casserole is a family favorite. It’s super easy to make, very similar to a quiche but with less eggs and reheats very well. .
Easy Cheesy Breakfast Casserole Ingredients needed:
pork breakfast sausage
green bell pepper
all purpose flour
salt and pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
This dish has simple ingredients and is perfect for breakfast or brunch. Many people will say, “I don’t like cottage cheese, can I use something else?” I’ve never tasted it in an actual baking recipe. The cheese melts like any other cheese. We topped this with sour cream and everyone loved it.
There are some modifications that can be made to this dish.
- use turkey sausage in light dishes
- Lighten up with smoked sausage or smoked turkey sausage
- Cottage cheese is a great source of protein, so if you’re looking for a higher-protein breakfast, switching the sausage to turkey sausage and staying with cottage cheese will give you a much higher-protein option.
- Replace sour cream with low-calorie, high-protein Greek yogurt
- Use Shredded Cheese Your Family Enjoys
This dish can be reheated, so you can make it on Sunday and enjoy it several times in the morning. I made this in a pie plate and it worked!
Are you reading our digital magazine? front porch lifeFilled with great new recipes, country life, amazing people, Southern charm, cooking tips and more.We will send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing straight away! This is premium content that our company does not have on his website. Join thousands of other users and enjoy our magazine today!
easy cheese breakfast casserole
This easy and cheesy breakfast casserole is a family favorite. Super simple and good!
Serving: 6 serving
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- Four ounce Green chili Dead
- Four ounce green pepper tin Dead
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tea spoon salt
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- Four tablespoon butter melted
- Four egg
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese you can use whatever cheese you like
Brown sausages and peppers in a frying pan on the stove. Drain if necessary.
Mix green chillies and green peppers.
Combine flour, salt, pepper, cottage cheese and melted butter in a bowl. Mix. Stir in eggs.
Spray a 10-inch pie pan or baking dish and pour in the flour, cottage cheese, and egg mixture.
Spread the sausage mix on top and spread the shredded cheese over the sausage.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Don’t forget our eBook! Each e-book is The most popular recipes. They are all at hand and can be pulled out at any time. It’s a nice convenience instead of searching through a database. You can purchase each ebook individually or purchase a bundle.
click here Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks Photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other use is permitted without the written permission of the copyright holder.