This Berry Crisp recipe features a lightly sweetened mix of fresh summer berries topped with buttery layers of oats, coconut and pecans.
Fruit crisps are a staple recipe in my family all year round and I especially love this summer version.
popular summer desserts
- Easy to make light and delicious berry crisps.
- prepare toppings Beforehand and it freezerIf you want to eat it, sprinkle it on the fruit and bake it.
- Fruit crisps can be enjoyed hot or cold. It’s delicious right out of the oven, or the next day right out of the fridge. Toppings remain crispy.
Ingredients for Berry Crisp
Berries – Use a mix of fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. No time to prepare? Just bag the Frozen Triple Berry Medley!
streusel topping – Mix topping ingredients to adjust sweetness, substitute walnuts for pecans, or use your favorite gluten-free baking mix for flour. For best results, use rolled oats instead of instant to keep the topping a firmer texture.
variation – Sprinkle with homemade granola or add a dash of pumpkin pie spice or homemade cinnamon sugar.
Berry crisps can be made using frozen berries. If baking frozen fruit, add 15 minutes of cooking time and 1 tablespoon of flour.
If the topping starts to brown too quickly, gently cover the dish with foil (do not seal the foil, just put it on top).
How to make mixed berry crisps
- Place the berries in a baking dish and mix with the flour, lemon zest and sugar.
- Blend topping ingredients with a pastry blender or fork.
- Sprinkle the toppings evenly over the berry mixture and bake until golden brown and bubbly.
Serve with homemade unstirred vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, or drizzle with rich caramel or hot fudge sauce.
How to store Berry Crisp
- Mixed Berry Crisps can be stored covered for the first 24 hours at room temperature, then transferred to the refrigerator to keep fresh for 3-5 days.
- Freeze mixed berry crisps in an airtight freezer-safe container, then thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. Cover and reheat to 350°F until fully warm.
Did your family love this Mixed Berry Crisp recipe? Leave a rating and comment below.
mixed berry crisp
Mixed Berry Crisp is a delicious dessert bursting with berry flavor, topped with crispy sweet crumbles.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a 2-quart baking dish, combine berries, flour, lemon zest, and sugar.
In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, coconut, butter, flour, chopped pecans (if using), and cinnamon until well combined. Sprinkle the toppings over the berries.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until berries are hot and bubbly.
Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Please make it first. Divide the toppings into 2-3 bags and freeze each bag separately. When you want to eat it, just put the fruit in the baking dish and sprinkle the frozen toppings.
calorie: 336 | carbohydrates: 59g | protein: 3g | obesity: 11g | saturated fat: 7g | cholesterol: 20mg | sodium: 76mg | potassium: 156mg | fiber: 6g | sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: Fivemg | calcium: 33mg | iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.
Arranged toppings better homes and gardens