Tender and flavorful BBQ grill shrimp kebab Very easy to make.
These shrimp skewers are topped with juicy pineapple and green onions in a simple sweet and spicy sauce.
Pair with grilled vegetables and rice for a perfect summer menu.
grilled shrimp kebab
- This shrimp recipe is flavorful and definitely customizable!
- Make meat or vegetable kebabs, or a combination of both. Use whatever you have on hand.
- These kebabs are convenient and time saving! Easy to prepare and cook, it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or gathering.
- Shrimp is nutritious and low in sugar! Pair with your favorite vegetables, side salad, or grilled corn on the cob for a wholesome meal.
shrimp kebab ingredients
shrimp – Choose jumbo or giant sized shrimp that are clean, peeled and deveined. You can choose to have a tail or not.
pineapple – Use fresh pineapple chunks or canned chunks that have been drained, patted dry, and dried.
sauce – This is a simple sauce made by slightly heating BBQ sauce, garlic, sambal olek or chili paste. You can DIY your own homemade BBQ sauce, add or add sambal (chilli paste) according to your preference. For added sweetness, add a tablespoon of honey.
variation & addition
Shrimp cooks very quickly, so if you add other ingredients, cook them right away or semi-cook them.
- Add summer sausage slices.
- Wrap pineapple in small pieces of cooked bacon.
- Add vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, and peppers (thinly cut to cook quickly).
How to make shrimp kebab
- Thread marinated shrimp, pineapple, and leeks onto skewers.
- Marinate the shrimp kebabs for 10 minutes.
- Grill shrimp kababs over medium heat until opaque (about 6-8 minutes). Consume immediately.
great kebab tips
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Cut the shrimp, pineapple, or other variations into equal-sized pieces so that everything cooks evenly.
- To achieve the perfect grill, keep the heat on medium-high and be careful with the skewers, as shrimp tend to cook quickly.
- If you’re making multiple batches, keep the cooked skewers covered in foil in the oven to keep them from drying out.
Did your family love this shrimp kabab? Leave your rating and comments below.
Skewered grilled shrimp and juicy pineapple for the perfect combination of umami and sweetness.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
Thread shrimp, pineapple, and leeks onto metal or wooden skewers.
Combine barbecue sauce, garlic and sambal oreki in a small bowl. Brush skewers and marinate for 10 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill shrimp skewers 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Cooked shrimp kebabs can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days. Reheat on grill or skillet.
calorie: 204 | carbohydrates: 26g | protein: twenty fourg | obesity: 1g | saturated fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g | Trans fat: 0.01g | cholesterol: 183mg | sodium: 857mg | potassium: 494mg | fiber: 2g | sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | calcium: 102mg | iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.