With just 5 ingredients, cake mix brownie The recipe is the easiest brownie recipe ever! It’s the perfect excuse to make fuzzy brownies all the time!.
Love sticky fuzzy brownies? Try my Bombshell Oreo Brownies next!
My easiest ever cake mix brownie
Brownies are one of the most popular desserts in my house. My site *has a really great recipe for making fuzzy brownies from scratch.
These cake mix brownies are one of the easiest desserts ever.Perhaps “cake mix? Why not just use Brownie mix? “Of course you can. I mean, my cake mix cookie recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my website. But this is when a chocolate craving strikes and you don’t have brownie mix in your pantry. And I have to say, cake mix brownies are different in that they are very fuzzy! The texture of chocolate is very unique.
When it comes to potlucks, cookouts, or simple desserts to make just for a reason, you can’t go wrong with these ridiculously rich, chocolatey, (almost) batches of homemade brownies from scratch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
So why make brownies with boxed chocolate cake mix?
- Very easy. This cake mix recipe cuts your regular brownie ingredient list in half. Just two steps and you’ll have perfect brownies in no time.
- super fuzzy. Chocolate Cake Mix adds another dimension of soft, gooey texture to these incredibly moist chocolatey brownies. Plenty of chocolate chunks too!
- A crowd pleaser. I take these brownies with me everywhere, but they’re always off the plate in minutes.It’s the last-minute dessert you need in your life!
The dough for these brownies is very simple. Just 5 ingredients including chocolate cake mix. And that giant chunk of chocolate in a brownie? Hershey’s Baking Melts. You can thank me later!
- Chocolate cake mix: I used one box of dark chocolate cake mix, but any boxed chocolate cake will do.
- oil: Use vegetable oil (or a neutral oil such as canola) instead of butter to give these brownies a super-soft texture.
- milk: Whole milk or your preferred substitute. Keep in mind that brownies may have different textures depending on the type of milk.
- egg: One egg is enough to hold these brownie ingredients together.
- chocolate chunks: used Hershey’s Baking MeltsIf you can’t find a melt, you can stir up a good semi-sweet chocolate chips Instead.
How to make brownies from cake mix
These brownies are easy to make in about 2 steps (sounds right) using 5 ingredients and 1 bowl. Here’s how to make moist, fluffy cake mix brownies.
- Combining Ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then stir in chocolate chunks of your choice.
- bake: Spread out the brownie dough on a greased baking sheet. Bake the brownies for about 20 minutes, let cool, then cut into squares. It’s as easy as that!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
This cake mix brownie recipe is virtually fail-proof in every way. Still, baking is a science, and there are a few things to keep in mind when crafting the perfect brownie (shortcuts or not):
- Please use the right pan. This recipe calls for an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. For best results, we do not recommend making these in other sizes. A metal skillet will give the brownies a crispier edge, but a clear plate may add a few minutes to the baking time. Keep an eye on it while it’s baking!
- Do not overcook. Overcooking a chocolate brownie can result in a dense, chewy and tough brownie with a dry inside. To check if the brownies are done, insert a toothpick about 1 to 2 inches from the edge of the pan (not in the center). If the toothpick leaves some residue, the brownie is ready.
- Let the brownies cool completely. When the pan comes out of the oven, the center of the brownie may look a little undercooked. Allow enough time for the brownies to cool completely before cutting.
Ideas for add-ins and variations
Like many brownie recipes, this version has a lot of room for customization. Here are some possibilities for add-in ideas:
- nuts: Add crushed nuts such as peanuts, roasted hazelnuts, pecans, and walnuts to the mix.
- marshmallow: Give your brownies a s’mores flair and stir mini marshmallows into the batter. Or top with marshmallow cream and graham crackers.
- different chocolate chips: Add regular chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or toffee pieces in place of Hershey’s Baking Melts.
- Dried fruit: Add dried cranberries, apricots, or pineapple chunks.
- sweets: M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, or other bite-sized candies (or chop up and add your favorite candy bars!). Stir in crushed candy canes for a holiday treat.
These cake mix brownies are great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Plus, you can add a dash of whipped cream or a drizzle of hot fudge sauce to really lift things up.
You can also serve these brownies with caramel sauce or dulce de leche. Or top your brownies with berry coulis or a simple homemade strawberry syrup. For a more indulgent chocolate dessert, try frosting with chocolate frosting or simple buttercream frosting.
How to store homemade brownies
Store cake mix brownies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze cake mix brownies?
yes! These brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months.Once they’re completely cooled, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag (I like to use parchment separate the layers) and place in the freezer for storage. Thaw brownies at room temperature before serving. After defrosting, pop them in the microwave for a very thick chocolate treat.
the easiest ever cake mix brownie The recipe is super fuzzy, super moist, and the perfect excuse to make homemade brownies every week!
- 1 (15 oz) Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 10 oz chocolate chunks (approx. 1 1/4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange 8×8 pans parchment Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Put the cake mix, salad oil, milk and egg in a large bowl and mix with a rubber spatula. Stir in chocolate mass.
- Spread the dough on the prepared frying pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the skillet before cutting into squares. The center may look undercooked, but if the brownie sets, you’ll be fine!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving size:
- calorie: 138
- sugar: 11.5g
- sodium: 29.1mg
- obesity: 9.1g
- carbohydrates: 13.8g
- protein: 2.3g
- cholesterol: 12.4mg
keyword: cake mix brownies, easy brownie recipes, homemade brownies
Save this recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
More Must-See Cake Mix Recipes