roasted cabbage steak This is one of the most delicious and healthy ways to enjoy this (often underrated) vegetable.
This cabbage steak recipe has caramelized edges and a slightly sweet flavor to create a tender steak that goes well with any entree.
It’s simple, delicious, and super easy to make!
Savory cabbage steak
- Cabbage steak is great for vegetarians, meatless Mondays, or a quick snack.
- Combine low-calorie, fiber-rich cabbage with your favorite savory herbs and seasonings.
- Just double the recipe and reheat in an air fryer to keep delicious cabbage steaks for a week.
- A great alternative to fried cabbage and the oven does all the work. just prepare and bake!
Materials and variations
cabbage: I use green cabbage, but this recipe works well with red cabbage. When choosing cabbage, choose round, heavy heads. You can also add other low-carb veggies like onions, fennel and turnips for more flavor and variety.
oil: I use olive oil because I always have it on hand. For a smoky flavor, replace with bacon grease (sprinkle with crumbled bacon if you have it).
seasoning: Customize the seasoning to match your main dish. You can keep it simple, or sprinkle it with house-made blends like ranch dressing, Italian seasoning, and lemon pepper to take it to the next level.
variation: Experiment with different seasonings and toppings to create your own cabbage steak recipe. Sprinkle with parmesan or feta cheese or garnish with fresh herbs. For a crunchier texture, sprinkle a few slices of breadcrumbs on the cabbage steak before grilling.
how to make cabbage steak
Roasting vegetables creates layers of flavor as they are cooked at high temperatures, using minimal fat to caramelize the outside and create a natural sweetness.
- Prepare the cabbage, oil it, and season with salt and pepper (or other seasoning blend).
- Bake until the edges of the cabbage are golden brown!
what to eat with cabbage steak
Naturally, cabbage steak makes an impressive garnish to corned beef, but you can also share oven space with a roasted chicken breast or a perfect pot roast. Top off your dinner with a clean green salad and a simple homemade strawberry mousse with a tangy red wine vinaigrette.
Did you make this roasted cabbage steak yourself? Please leave your rating and comments below.
roasted cabbage steak
Roasted cabbage is a delicious way to give this vegetable the star power of your table.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Slice cabbage across head into 1/2-inch-thick rings. Brush each side with olive oil.
Place on a rimmed baking sheet (cut rounds in half to fit pan, if desired). Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Flip and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Bake for 1-2 minutes, if desired.
Please enjoy with butter.
- Customize the seasoning by sprinkling herbs and spices before roasting.
- Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness of the cabbage and the softness you prefer.
- Leftover cabbage steaks can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
calorie: 71 | carbohydrates: 6g | protein: 1g | obesity: Fiveg | saturated fat: 1g | cholesterol: 3mg | sodium: 32mg | potassium: 192mg | fiber: 2g | sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 41.6mg | calcium: 45mg | iron: 0.5mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.