Salmon is easy, healthy, and delicious with a simple marinade.
In this grilled salmon recipe, fillets are marinated in a simple mixture of sesame seeds and soy sauce and grilled until tender and flaky.
You can top off this meal with asparagus and rice pilaf, or serve it as a hearty salmon bowl.
fast, fresh and flavorful
Grilled salmon looks like this easy to prepareA flavorful and healthy meal is complete. just a few minutes – Perfect for busy weeknights. This lean protein is not only easy to make, it’s elegant and versatile.
Ingredients for grilled salmon
salmon – This recipe works best with fresh or frozen salmon fillets. Frozen fillets can be thawed while marinating. When choosing salmon fillets for grilling, sockeye salmon (or gingin) is the best choice. If possible, salmon skin is easier to bake.
Marinade – Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, sesame oil and fresh lemon juice add flavor and soften the filet to perfection.
Variation of marinade and seasoning
- Try tweaking your salmon marinade with lime juice instead of lemon juice, or adding a touch of grated ginger or red pepper flakes.
- If you prefer, omit the marinade, add a dash of olive oil, and rub with salmon seasoning or salt and pepper before grilling. Squeeze fresh herbs such as parsley and lemon juice and enjoy.
how to grill salmon
- Marinate the salmon fillet for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the salmon skin side down the recipe below. Flip and cook until fillet reaches internal temperature of 145°F.
- Let the salmon rest before eating. Serve with a lemon slice or wedge.
grilled salmon garnish
- Grilled salmon is best served with fresh grilled vegetables such as asparagus. Even zucchini, or roasted corn.
- Pairs well with pilaf, cauliflower rice, boiled baby potatoes, or a light vinaigrette-like pasta salad.
- Add a fruit salsa, such as pineapple or mango salsa.
Leftover salmon can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Did your family like this grilled salmon recipe? Leave a rating and comment below.
easy grilled salmon
Salmon fillet marinated in a flavorful sesame soy sauce and grilled until tender and flaky.
Put soy sauce, water, oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, sesame oil and garlic powder in a small bowl and mix well.
Pour over salmon and marinate for at least 1 hour (or up to 8 hours).
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (400°F).
Place salmon skin side down on grill and grill for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until salmon reaches 145°F. Do not overcook.
Rest for a few minutes before eating.
calorie: 257 | carbohydrates: 0.3g | protein: 34g | obesity: 12g | saturated fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated fat: Fiveg | Monounsaturated fat: Fourg | Trans fat: 0.01g | cholesterol: 94mg | sodium: 156mg | potassium: 838mg | fiber: 0.02g | sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | calcium: twenty onemg | iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.