I love this Cajun shrimp egg salad. First of all, it is very easy to prepare and delicious. A versatile dish that can be adapted to suit your family’s tastes. This recipe is perfect for spring/summer gatherings, as a quick lunch sandwich, or even as a dip for crackers! I love making this and serving it as a sandwich with chips. Rich!
cajun shrimp egg salad
hard boiled egg
diced red onion
Scroll down to see the full printable recipe on the recipe card.
- Use your favorite Cajun seasoning or make your own using our products. recipe.
- You can add more or less Cajun seasoning depending on how much “spice” you prefer.
- Finely chop the shrimp to your liking.
- Make this into a hoagie bun sandwich, sourdough, Or as a slider.you can make this simple white bread…perfect for sandwiches!
- Shrimp can be easily chopped up and served as a dip with crackers.
do you like this recipe?you might want to try us too cajun pasta skillet.
Are you reading our digital magazine? front porch lifeFilled with great new recipes, country life, amazing people, Southern charm, cooking tips and more.We will send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing straight away! This is premium content that our company does not have on his website. Join thousands of other users and enjoy our magazine today!
cajun shrimp egg salad
This simple Cajun shrimp egg salad makes the perfect sandwich! A family favorite.
Serving: Four serving
- 1/2 lb of raw shrimp The spine is loosened, the tail is removed, and the skin is peeled.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoon cajun seasoning Divided
- 6 hard boiled egg chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Melt butter in skillet on stove over medium-high heat. Combine garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Toss shrimp and stir to coat. Flip the melted butter over and bake for 3-4 minutes. Shrimp should be pink when cooked. Cool in the refrigerator.
Stir in eggs, onions, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, salt, and 2 teaspoons of other Cajun seasonings. Add the chilled shrimp and mix with the egg mixture. Serve with hoagie buns or crackers.
You can reduce the amount of Cajun seasoning to lessen the spiciness of this dish. You can also chop the cold shrimp before adding them to the egg mixture.
Have you been to SHOP? Stop by to see what we have for sale!
Please follow us Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks Photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other use is permitted without the written permission of the copyright holder.