my Nutella Brownie Rich, fuzzy and full of chocolate hazelnut flavor. These homemade brownies are swirled with Nutella and are impossible to resist. Plus, only seven ingredients come together in one bowl!
If you don’t like Nutella, try my favorite Fuzzy Brownie recipe. they are the best!
Irresistibly Fuzzy Nutella Brownies
Nutella fans, I’ll pick you up! Once again, we’re making desserts with your favorite hazelnut spread. Add these rich, fuzzy, tantalizing Nutella brownies to your list, along with my Nutella-stuffed chocolate chip cookies and Nutella crunch cakes. And let me tell you a little secret… this brownie recipe is my book Years ago they moved on with their lives. It’s so delicious and easy to make that my friends and family always ask for it!
Plus, these super fuzzy brownies have a swirl of Nutella inside. But today it’s swirling it into a fuzzy brownie. They single-handedly destroyed my willpower to eat just one or two.
What is Nutella?
People who have never experienced Nutella in their life have a lot of questions.
If that’s what Nutella tastes like, it’s made by Ferrero (yes, they’re famous for their Ferrero Rocher chocolates). It’s basically a chocolate bar in a jar, perfect for brownies.
Below are the ingredients you’ll need to make these incredibly fuzzy Nutella brownies—there are only seven! Full amounts and details are on the recipe card.
- butter: I like to bake with unsalted butter, but salted butter works well too. Just skip the extra salt later in the recipe. Please do not
- brown sugar: Cane sugar has a perfect balance of moisture and sweetness, and has a deep flavor. A pinch of granulated sugar can be substituted.
- Egg and vanilla: The eggs add body and structure to the brownie, while the vanilla adds flavor.
- Nutella: our star ingredient. Hazelnut cream brings a rich and delicate roasted nutty flavor to the brownie. very good!
- Flour and salt: foundation. I always stick to all-purpose flour and add a pinch of salt to soften the blur.
You might look at the ingredients and think, “But where’s the cocoa powder!?” I promise you this is not a mistake. The fuzzy, intense cocoa flavor of these Nutella brownies all comes from the hazelnut cream itself. Trust me, it’s the best!
How to make Nutella brownies
i love this recipe. Because it all comes together in his one bowl and is super easy to clean up after. Start by preheating your oven and preparing an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. parchmentLet’s make delicious Nutella brownies!
- Combining Ingredients: Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add Nutella: Mix Nutella with a pinch of salt and continue whisking until fluffy and smooth.
- Add flour: Then slowly mix in the flour until the batter is just blended in. Do not overmix.
- Swirl: Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Now for the fun part! Drizzle a drop of Nutella over the batter and use a butter knife or skewer to evenly distribute the hazelnuts.
- bake: Finally, bake the brownies at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes, until set in the center. Allow brownies to cool completely in skillet. Then remove the brownies from the skillet using parchment paper, slice and serve.
My favorite way to serve Nutella brownies is slightly warmed, topped with vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce. Heaven in dessert form!
Tips for success
Here are some last-minute tips for making the best Nutella brownies.
- How to know when the brownies are done: Stick a toothpick into the brownie about 1 inch from the edge. When the toothpick comes out clean, the brownie is ready to come out.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. Not only does this make cleanup even easier, but it also makes it easier to remove the brownies from the skillet.
- Use a plastic knife. Fuzzy brownies tend to stick to metal, so the trick is to use a plastic knife to cut them smoothly.
Ideas for add-ins and variations
These Nutella brownies are delicious on their own, but you can always enjoy the easy add-in idea. Here are some fun recipe variations to try.
- nuts: Mix chopped hazelnuts, pecans, or walnuts into the dough to give it a little crunch.
- chocolate chips: Stir in semisweet chocolate chips.
- Chocolate ganache: Poable chocolate ganache isn’t just for cakes. Drizzle over these Nutella brownies for extra flavor. Or top it off with a drizzle of Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce.
- Caramel sauce: Top with homemade caramel sauce.
- Sea salt: If you like a sweet-salty combination, sprinkle flaky sea salt over the brownies while they’re still slightly warm.
How to store Nutella brownies
Nutella brownies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
Can you freeze Nutella brownies?
yes! Once the brownies have cooled, wrap them individually or in plastic wrap and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month and allow brownies to thaw at room temperature before serving.
Nutella Brownie Rich, fuzzy, rich and full of chocolate hazelnut flavor. These homemade brownies are swirled with Nutella for an easy dessert that’s impossible to resist.
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella, plus 1/4 cup (for swirl)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange 8×8 baking dishes parchmentspray with cooking spray and set aside.
- in your bowl stand mixer equipped with paddle attachmentBeat butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. With the mixer still on medium, add the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Turn mixer down to medium-low, add Nutella and salt, and mix until smooth and fluffy.
Turn the mixer on low and add the flour and mix until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly over the prepared frying pan. Pour the remaining Nutella evenly over the dough, using a butter knife to work the Nutella into the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the brownie is just set.
- Place pan on wire rack and let pan cool completely.
When ready to slice, remove foil from skillet to cutting board and cut into squares.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Airtight and freeze for up to 30 days for maximum freshness.
keyword: Fluffy Brownies, Homemade Brownies, Nutella Recipes
Save this recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
Homemade brownies to try more
PIN for later use: