This ham pasta salad is loaded with pineapple and vegetables. This is a refreshing take on my favorite Hawaiian pizza flavor (not really Hawaiian at all).
Mix this quick and easy homemade pineapple dressing with pasta, ham and peppers for a uniquely delicious side dish.
Perfect for potluck and makes a great side dish or snack.
Fresh and Flavorful Pasta Salad
If you are looking for pasta salad A little different, this ham pasta salad!
- pasta – Use medium-shaped pasta. Farfalle, shells and rotini are favorites.
- add-in: This easy recipe features ham and pineapple and is inspired by Hawaiian pizza flavors. Red bell peppers add crunch and color, and green onions add flavor.
- dressing It’s a simple creamy pineapple dressing that’s so good I always double it up on salads (it’s also great drizzled over strawberry spinach salad).
This recipe Not Hawaiian food It’s not a Hawaiian pasta salad like the macaroni salad you find in a typical Hawaiian plate lunch. In Hawaiian plate lunches, macaroni salad is commonly a tangy combination of mayonnaise and macaroni, sometimes with a few other ingredients.you can find great Click here for Hawaiian Macaroni Salad.
Almost any dressing can be used for pasta salad.This recipe contains fresh, zesty flavors pineapple dressing. Making homemade dressing very fast and easy It tastes much better than store-bought dressings.
- Mayonnaise and sour cream are the creamy base
- Pineapple (and a dash of cider vinegar) adds tangy freshness
- Dijon and garlic powder add flavor while honey balances the dressing.
pasta salad tips
- Do not overcook the pasta as it will absorb the dressing and become soft.
- Add more dressing as it will be absorbed by the pasta.
- It’s best to make the pasta salad at least a few hours in advance to allow the flavors to meld.
- Season the salad generously.
Did your family love this Ham and Pineapple Pasta Salad? Please leave your rating and comments below.
Ham and pineapple pasta salad
Ham and Pineapple Pasta Salad is a quick and easy side dish. A uniquely delicious salad with our homemade pineapple dressing mixed with pasta, ham, and green peppers.
Boil the pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain the pasta and place in cold water to cool.
Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine chilled pasta, ham, pineapple, green peppers, green onions, and dressing. Gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate pasta salad for at least 2 hours before eating.
Customize your salad by adding ingredients of your choice, such as cherry tomatoes, extra peppers, or cucumbers.
Do not overcook the pasta as it will absorb the dressing and become soft. Add more dressing as it will be absorbed by the pasta.
calorie: 241 | carbohydrates: twenty threeg | protein: 7g | obesity: 13g | saturated fat: 2g | cholesterol: twenty fourmg | sodium: 489mg | potassium: 154mg | fiber: 1g | sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | calcium: twenty threemg | iron: 0.9mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.