Homemade pecan sandwiches are easy and delicious!
Dusted with crunchy pecans, this light, buttery shortbread cookie is the perfect dessert to make!
Pecan Sandy makes a delicious melt-in-your-mouth treat anytime.
What is pecan sandwich?
“Sundies” are cookies made with basic ingredients similar to sugar cookies and shortbread cookies.
- do you like pecans? Pecan Sandies is a shortbread-style cookie recipe stuffed with crushed pecans for a nutty crunch.
- A food processor quickly mixes and chops all ingredients.
- If you love snowball cookies, you’ll love the texture of this pecan sandwich. It can also be shaped like a snowball.
- Make the dough ahead of time, store it in the refrigerator or freezer, and bake when ready.
- Serve plain or dusted with powdered sugar as an elegant tea party dessert.
Calories and Weights of Ingredients in Pecan Sandwich
A pecan sandwich is made from a simple butter-based dough similar to shortbread.
- pecan – For an added layer of flavor, use whole pecans that can be toasted before using them in your recipe.
- flour – This cookie recipe calls for all-purpose flour.
- butter – For consistent results, we recommend using unsalted butter and adding your own salt. Different brands contain different amounts of salt.
- icing sugar ・For a softer texture, use powdered sugar that is finer than granulated sugar and blends easily.
- vanilla extract – A small amount of vanilla extract goes a long way in adding flavor to these cookies.
How to make pecan sandwich
Homemade pecan sandwiches are super easy to make!
- Toast the pecans, cool and pulse in a food processor As per the recipe below.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add pecans and flour.
- Refrigerate for several hours (or days!).
- shaped into cookies
pecan sandwich pro tips
- For the best flavor, use unsalted butter and add your own salt.
- To save time grinding the pecans (or if you don’t have a food processor), start by chopping the pecans instead of whole. You can toast it in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
How to store a sandy
Store Pecan Sandies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. The dough can be frozen in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months. To bake a few cookies at once, freeze the unbaked slices, place them in a ziplock bag, and bake only the ones you need.
Other cookie favorites
Did your family love these pecan sandwiches? Leave your rating and comments below!
Made with simple ingredients, these buttery shortbread cookies are packed with toasted pecan flavor!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pecans in skillet and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
Place chilled pecan nuts in a food processor and finely chop. Remove 3 tablespoons of pecan nuts and set aside.
Add the flour and salt to the food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
Put butter and sugar in another bowl and whisk until fluffy. Mix water and vanilla.
Gradually add the flour and pecan nuts and mix.
Scoop dough into 1-inch balls and lightly flatten. Roll edges with remaining pecans.
Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Cool cookies completely and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
The texture of these cookies is crumbly like shortbread cookies.
The dough can be chilled before baking, but add an additional 2 minutes to the baking time.
Instead of forming individual cookies, the dough can be rolled into 2-inch-thick logs, chilled for 4 hours, sliced, and then baked.
Don’t have a food processor? Start with chopped pecans instead of whole pecans, and if desired, chop them more finely before using. increase.
calorie: 152 | | carbohydrates: 11g | | protein: 2g | | obesity: 11g | | saturated fat: Fiveg | | Polyunsaturated fat: 1g | | Monounsaturated fat: Fourg | | Trans fat: 0.3g | | cholesterol: 20mg | | sodium: 50mg | | potassium: 35mg | | fiber: 1g | | sugar: 3g | | Vitamin A: 239IU | | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | | calcium: 8mg | | iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. We encourage you to share this recipe. Copying and/or pasting entire recipes onto social media is strictly prohibited. See our photo usage policy here.