Don’t let the simplicity fool you. This cherry tomato pasta recipe is amazing.
In this simple dish, cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) are roasted with garlic and herbs and tossed with pasta for a perfect meal.
This dish is ready in about 20 minutes from stovetop to tabletop.
roasted cherry tomato pasta
- you will love it easy to prepare Click here for the recipe for cherry tomato pasta!
- Perfect for meatless Mondays, it’s a dish the whole family will love.
- A one-pot wonder that requires minimal cleanup after a long day and is perfect as a dinner table star or side dish.
- Tomatoes are available all year round, not just in summer.
- A budget-friendly, flavorful, win-win meal.
Materials and variations
- tomato: This recipe goes well with cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes. Any color is fine. Roasted tomatoes make a delicious “sauce” for pasta.
- oil & vinegar: These ingredients not only help with roasting and caramelizing, but also add great flavor.
- garlic & herbs: Fresh garlic and herbs such as basil and oregano add delicious flavor when roasting tomatoes. Feel free to experiment with different herbs such as thyme or Italian seasoning, depending on what you have on hand.
- pasta: Use your favorite type such as fresh, chilled, or boxed. All shapes and sizes are suitable for this versatile recipe.
Optional vegetables: This is the perfect dish to use up leftover vegetables. Alternatively, you can start with fresh vegetables such as spinach or zucchini. Fill up the dish and add roasted or air-fried vegetables.
variation: Add sliced grilled chicken or garlic butter shrimp for a main dish. Stir in a little homemade basil pesto or olive tapenade in step 5.
How to make cherry tomato pasta
- Place tomatoes with remaining ingredients (except pasta) in foil-lined skillet, place under broiler, and roast tomatoes. (as per the recipe below).
- Boil the pasta to al dente. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse (excess starch will help build the sauce!).
- Toss with tomatoes and pasta. Garnish with fresh herbs and parmesan or crushed feta cheese before serving.
Leftover roasted cherry tomato pasta can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Freezing pasta is not recommended as it is difficult to defrost. But since this dish is so easy, start fresh.
Did your family love this roasted cherry tomato pasta? Please leave your rating and comments below.
roasted cherry tomato pasta
Garlic-flavored roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil are added to soft pasta. This easy dish is the perfect weeknight pasta and takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line a sheet pan with foil and add tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, oregano, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are cooked through. Once tender, bake for 1-2 minutes to add a little browning/color.
In the meantime, fill a large pot with boiling salted water and cook the pasta until tender. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain (do not rinse) and place in a large bowl.
Add the juice to the tomatoes and mix.
Serve and garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Leftover roasted cherry tomato pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
calorie: 504 | carbohydrates: 73g | protein: 18g | obesity: 15g | saturated fat: 3g | cholesterol: 88mg | sodium: 190mg | potassium: 711mg | fiber: 1g | sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 51.9mg | calcium: 152mg | iron: 5.8mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and ingredients brands used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying the full recipe or pasting it on social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.