These sweet and sour cocktail meatballs Easy to make and so delicious!
Sweet and sour cocktail meatballs made by quickly simmering soft and juicy meatballs in two kinds of sauce!
These are the first to go and no one can believe what they contain!
perfect party appetizer
- cocktail meatballs party recipesServe them at every party or gathering and watch them disappear!
- they are free and very easy to make 3 ingredients!
- this sweet and sour meatball Appetizer or over rice weekday meal Your family will love it!
sweet and sour meatball ingredients
I often make grape jelly meatballs, but did you know that basically any sweet or tangy ingredient can make a great cocktail meatball sauce?
meatball – You can use the homemade meatball recipe below, or use a bag of fully cooked frozen meatballs for a quick appetizer that requires very little prep! Use the same sauce for Cocktail Smokey. can.
sauce – These easy sauces for sweet and sour meatballs require two ingredients: sweet and tangy.
- Please choose one from apricot jam, strawberry jam, grape jelly and cranberry sauce.
- Choose one tangy of ketchup, chili sauce and BBQ sauce.
How to make cocktail meatballs
What could be easier than this three-ingredient recipe?
- make meatballs (as per recipe below) Or use frozen meatballs.
- Combine sauce ingredients and place over low heat in a saucepan.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, bring to a boil, and simmer until thickened.
These also work perfectly with Crockpot.
- Simply bake the meatballs as directed (or add frozen if not homemade).
- Place sauce ingredients in slow cooker.
- Add meatballs to sauce and cook on high for at least 1-2 hours (or longer if using frozen) before serving.
Once the meatballs are heated, they can be left cold for serving.
- Cocktail meatballs can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Be sure to cook and reheat to a temperature of 165ºF.
Easier Appetizers You’ll Love
Did your family love these sweet and sour meatballs? If so, please leave a rating and comment below!
Sweet and sour cocktail meatballs
Sweet and sour meatballs are a delicious appetizer that can be cooked on the stove or in the slow cooker.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
If making homemade meatballs, combine ground beef, diced onions, bread crumbs, eggs, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
Bake homemade meatballs for 18-20 minutes, or bake frozen meatballs according to package directions.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine apricot jam and barbecue sauce. Stir until the jam begins to melt.
Add meatballs and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 10 ounces strawberry jam and 2/3 cup ketchup
- 14 oz jelly cranberry sauce and 12 oz chili sauce
If you use fully cooked meatballs, you don’t need to bake them first. You may need to simmer for a little longer.
These meatballs can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It can also be stored in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Serving: 1meatball | | calorie: 56 | | carbohydrates: 6g | | protein: Fourg | | obesity: 1g | | cholesterol: 18mg | | sodium: 93mg | | potassium: 99mg | | sugar: Fourg | | Vitamin A: 50IU | | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | | calcium: 7mg | | iron: 0.6mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. We encourage you to share this recipe. Copying and/or pasting entire recipes onto social media is strictly prohibited. See our photo usage policy here.